St. Clare’s Mini Vinnies
We are very proud to be part of the Mini Vinnies
Visit Mini Vinnies Here
Who was St Vincent De Paul?
St.Vincent DePaul was born in France, 24th April 1581. He became a priest and dedicated himself to serving the poor.
So what is the Society of St Vincent de Paul?
The Society of St Vincent de Paul (SVP) has been engaging with young people and education since its earliest days.
The St Vincent de Paul Society helps people who are facing problems such as:
- Poverty: not enough money to pay for basic necessities.
- Hunger: some families have only one meal per day if they are lucky.
- Unemployment: sometimes parents have to go out every day and search for work.
- No home or poor quality housing: some families of 8 or more live in one room.
- No education: some families cannot pay for schooling or children cannot go to school because they need to work to help their parents feed the family.
To find out more visit www.minivinnies.org.uk
Who are our SVP Representatives?
Our Mini Vinnies are a group of children from across the key stage 1 and 2 who follow in the steps of St.Vincent in helping local charities and looking after other people in our school.
Our work in school is to promote awareness about how we can all make a difference to our school, local and global community. We are working with Mrs White and Mrs Robson to steer us towards us becomming a Rights Respecting School. We have created a new Playground Charter which is working very well. We a have also made a decision about which charities to raise money for. Our work is shared with the whole school community on our website and on the monthly newsletter.
Our Mini-Vinnies hosted a prayer session every day during Lent to help our children think about giving their time to others. The Mini-Vinnies also sold pens to raise money for their chosen Lenten charity.